Thursday, April 22, 2010

Making a Baby

I see pregnant people. Everywhere. Every single time I go to Target, I swear, everyone in there is pregnant. Even the men! Since Ben and I have been trying to get pregnant, it has consumed me. I'm 31, and I hear tick-tock tick-tock all day long. We've had a little trouble, so my obsession became an everyday stressor. I was allergic to Clomid, so I take Femara and it has helped me to ovulate every month, but after a year-no baby. Then, I talked to a girl I hadn't seen in a while and she and her husband have been trying for several years to conceive with no luck. She gives herself injections and takes oral medication. Next, I saw another future mama who has had three miscarriages and smiles and rubs her 26 week pregnant belly while she tells me about all that she has gone through to conceive and carry a baby. This made me really realize that the more I stress about it, the longer it will be before we have a plus sign. I'm calm now and just waiting for my turn to say 'No!' and 'Stop that!' We just tried our first artificial insemination last Friday, so we'll keep our fingers crossed as we wait two weeks before I can take a test. I never realized making babies was actually more like a scientific experiment with microscopes, test tubes and syringes!

No comments: